Thursday, April 7, 2011

HOLEY COW!

Dylan with Papa (Grandpa Wayne) and Bovine Friend
Tillamook Cheese Factory, Oregon
(Photo courtesy of Kathleen W.)


Hi, Friends!

It's Dylan again, and I'm here with Papa at the Tillamook Cheese Factory.  This is an awesome place and so much fun for kids of all ages!  Wish you all were here!

The above photo was taken in an upbeat moment and was expressly meant to bring you joy.  But I did some thinking about it and grew concerned about how some of our viewers--especially the younger kids like me--might misinterpret its context.

So, here are some things that this picture is NOT about.

1)  The cow depicted did not recently have a lobotomy.

2)  Rumors aside, it is not true that Papa and I were abducted by evil aliens and subjected to heinous human/animal organ grafting experiments.

3)  This is not about my rascal efforts to reenact the biblical Jonah story and coercing this cow to swallow me.

4)  It is not true that sharpshooter Sgt. York shockingly missed a turkey and took this cow's face off instead.  (See link below.)


5)  This Holstein does not have Mad Cow's Disease.  (Neither do I, as a matter of fact.)

6)  Papa is not trying to choke himself.

7)  Finally, and listen up, kids, because this is very, very, very important:

NO COWS WERE KILLED OR INJURED 
IN THE MAKING OF THIS POST!   

Thanks, everyone, for helping us keep this LIGHTHEARTED and FUN!

This is Dylan Imaikalani Watanabe signing out until next time.  Aloha and mahalo, my friends!


                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment