Friday, March 11, 2011

DYLHAWK!

Dylan Imaikalani Watanabe
Sporting his very own Dylhawk
(Photo courtesy of Silas K. Aqui)


Okay, so here's the dilemma I was in...

I'm traveling to Seattle next week to go see my Uncle Joe, and I desperately needed a haircut.

Trouble was, I was between allowances, and I couldn't finagle an advance from Mom and Dad.  

So I took what I learned from my kindergarten business class and did the next best thing.  

I NEGOTIATED.

Ran down to the barbershop down the street operated by an old school Pake (Chinese) man.  You know, the one with the Spanish-sounding name--WAN AH KEE NO (Juan Aquino?).

Anyway, the dude was real tough to draw a bargain with, but after an hour of ranting and raving and hearing him gripe about "these kids nowadays!", I finally convinced him to cut my hair.

How did I do it?  Simple.  

The price of a child's haircut was $9.  I offered him $6 and tipped him with a Bazooka bubble gum.  Don't know if it was my determination or the piece of gum, but he went for it.

Result?  Well, he gave me a 67% haircut.


As soon as I can raise three more bucks, I'll go back and get the rest of it done.


Then again, this cut's growing on me. 


                                










No comments:

Post a Comment