Friday, September 2, 2011

DYLAN AND SPAM MUSUBI

Dylan Imaikalani Watanabe
Pre-Soccer Ritual
(Photo courtesy of Erin and Pua)


Ha-ha!

So you thought I had retired from sports, huh?

How wrong could you be?

You know me--Dylan the boy wonder!--unafraid to try new things, explore unfamiliar horizons, and go where no other 5-year-old has dared to go!

So far this year, I've participated in three sports--baseball, basketball, and football.  Now, I've put on the cleats and blue uniform, and I'm ready to kick some...

Soccer balls!

But, first, just like the big boys in the professional leagues, I gotta have my pre-game ritual.  

And there's nothing more appropriate than a local Kauai boy having a delicious...


SPAM MUSUBI!

Mmm-mmm...so ono!

Dwyane Wade, Ichiro, Vince Young, Lionel Messi--you guys don't know what you're missing!  Get with the flow and follow the example of your island homeboy, Dylan Imaikalani Watanabe, and head on down to your local McDonald's and tell them to get with the Hawaiian McProgram and serve up some delicious

SPAM MUSUBI!*

*Spam Musubi is a block of rice with a slice of grilled Spam on top with nori (seaweed) wrapping to hold the concoction together.

No comments:

Post a Comment