Friday, November 11, 2011

DIFFERENT UPBRINGINGS

Different upbringings

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy

When my wife and I got married, we were faced with a few issues that I had not predicted would be a problem. We got married right out of college, so we did not have any money saved and I was actually in a bit of debt. When I was growing up, I was expected to have a summer job each summer and I even worked part-time during the week after school. We did not have extravagant Christmas presents or birthday presents and I did not have a car of my own until I bought a used car in college. My wife however was brought up completely differently. She never had to work a day in her life until she graduated from college. Her first day of work was actually the week after we got home from our honeymoon. Her parents told her that she had her whole life to work and that she should enjoy her childhood while she still could. After we got married and I suggested we make a budget, she could not believe that she was not going to be able to spend money like she used to. The only thing she agreed to at first was looking online and searching “Shop electricty rates TEXAS” to see how we could save on energy rates. Thankfully she eventually started to see that if we didn’t stick to a budget that we were going to run out of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment